The Xtreme I is our latest advancement in an over-barrel design. We have produced a “T” series over-barrel model weighing only 16.08oz (456gms), 1 1/2″ (38.1mm) diameter and an overall length of only 6.65″ (169mm), improved performance and the Sound Pressure Level (SPL) falling below 140 dB. This model has increased free-bore boost for the shooter looking for increased down-range performance. The internal geometry is designed to harness the energy of the gun-shot to keep the moderator tight against the thread shoulder. 2014 will see the Xtreme range of products expanding to accommodate the larger calibres up to 458 Win Magnum. The Xtreme I is designed to accept .17 HMR and .22 WMR and including 223 Rem bolt-action rifles, with barrel diameters up to 0.906″ (23.0mm).
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL) below 140 dBC Linear Peak (85 dBA), to as low as 130 dBC.
- This design has a sealed expansion chamber which comes back over the barrel allowing for better weight distribution with dual barrel contact points resulting in optimum accuracy due to controlled barrel harmonics during firing.
- The threaded muzzle of the barrel winds into a barrel support spider located behind the groove seen on the outer tube. This aligns the muzzle to the bore of the moderator.
- Located at the rear of the moderator is a synthetic bush which creates a secondary support on the exterior of the rifle barrel.
- 5,000x round minimum service life (approx. life of a standard rifle barrel).
- Constructed using only quality corrosion resistant materials, with high resistance to flame degradation, retaining structual integrity.
- High corrosion resistance to salt water exposure.
- Internal geometry harnesses the energy of the gun-shot to keep the moderator tight on the thread shoulder, resulting in high level rifle accuracy and longevity of the product, eliminating the problems with a moderator unwinding leading to baffle strike.
- Minimal blow-back from ejector port on firing (direct-gas semi-auto rifles only).
- Shrink fit assembly and welded construction developed to resist high impact and abrasion.
- Reduced muzzle flash.
- Reduced recoil for improved target aquisition.
- Warranty: 3 years