Following are the benefits from using an MAE sound moderator:
- Reduces risk of hearing loss to the firearm operator.
- Reduces risk of hearing loss to those within the noise footprint area.
- Allows the hunter to maximise his or her hearing when hunting or deer stalking, to clearly define sounds.
- Reduces hearing loss and risk of frightening when shooting over or around dogs, horses, live-stock.
- Negates flinching when a shooter anticipates both the gun-shot or the recoil.
- Greatly reduces the quantity of ammunition required to sight in a rifle.
- Reduces flinching that results in wounded or lost game.
- More efficient than muzzle brakes, due to the added benefits of both noise and recoil reduction.
- Allows new or younger shooters to experience use of larger calibres without the detrimental effects of the excessive blast noise and violent recoil.
- Allows shooters to concentrate on correct shooting techniques and body position.
- Reduction of the blast noise means the target species cannot determine the point of origin of the shot.
- Prevents unnecessary nuisance noise that results in neighbouring property owners forcing the closure of shooting ranges.
- Dramatically reduces muzzle jump, allowing a quick follow up shot.
- Increases velocity and energy.
- Reduces muzzle jump allowing shooters to observe the fall of shot and to make precise adjustments.
- Allows clear and audible instructions between spotter and shooter.
- Eliminates dust signature produced by muzzle blast.
- Eliminates muzzle flash (post barrel flaming) resulting in possible fire hazard to surrounding combustible materials.